First off, Happy New Year to you all!!! It's officially 2013 and I officially feel old! There's so much I want to do this year, visit my brother & family in France, spend next Christmas in Ireland with my Dad and family, weekend in London, and buy a decent camera for my YouTube vids... that's a lot of saving that'll be needed on my part, which leads me very nicely into the subject of this post. Both me and Laura have decided to do the 100 Day Spending Challenge. There was one of these last year, this will probably have different rules as I'm not referencing the one done by others, but here goes!
1. I must not buy ANY makeup. The only time when this is allowed, is to repurchase something I have totally run out of and there are no alternatives. I may purchase 1 replacement and not a selection. So, if I use all my foundation, I can purchase 1 more but only when all alternatives have been used.
2. I am allowed 1 beauty box per month if I wish, this can be any, but only 1.
3. I'm allowed items for cleaning/hygeine etc, like shampoo, shower gel etc, but what I might do to save more money and make it a bit harder, is to not allow myself to replace like for like, so I have Lush products at the moment which are quite expensive, so I might repurchase cheaper products and treat myself to Lush in April :)
4. OPTIONAL - to put £10 a week in a jar so that when it comes to the 10th April, I'll have saved up some money for the things I've truly been lusting after during the spending challenge.
5. I'm allowed to buy 1 magazine per month.
6. I'm also pledging to do weekly (Sunday) updates on how the week has gone, and what my current wish list is looking like - I'll keep 1 wish list and add to it each week :)
7. I'm allowed to continue to advertise on others' blogs as I have been the past 6 months or so.
8. Personal grooming such as having my hair cut is allowed.
N.B. It's possible I might be sent makeup/beauty products to review during this time, this is fine as I'm not purchasing it with my own money, and as usual those products will be marked with a *
So, that's it, the challenge is set! I'm desperately hoping I don't cave... I know you guys will keep me strong <3
This months Big-Pixi3 advertiser is the lovely Angelica from One Little Vice, go check out her blog :)