Inspired after a conversation with the lovely Gemma from Miss Makeup Magpie the other night, I thought I'd write a bit of a tongue-in-cheek post about the things no one tells you when you start a beauty blog - it's all true, but somewhat silly :)
1. You WILL get bombarded with emails to try the fecking Younique 3D mascara... OMG leave me alone!
2. You WILL get loads of emails from 'SEO's' telling me I rank badly for important terms - get lost, can't you see I'm a lowly blog and not a big corporate website!
3. So many brands will email you, offering 'FREE' content that will improve your blog, all they need is a link, but don't worry, there's no budget for this, we just want you to spend an hour editing it so it suits the tone of your readers and your blog, include the links we specify on a topic that doesn't relate to your blog, k?
4. You'll try to justify spending £500 on a DSLR and semi-professional photography set up to take slightly clearer blog pictures of lipsticks... yeah. I did that.
5. Your obsession with makeup will spiral out of control into a full blown addiction
6. You'll accumulate a makeup collection that'll put some makeup artists to shame
7. How the fear of missing out never goes away, you always NEED the latest thing! (CSI blog)
8. How you'll never be able to leave Boots empty handed (Miss Makeup Magpie)
9. You can't touch any new products until you photograph them, no matter how hard you try (Miss Makeup Magpie)
10. It's sooo obsessive (Frazzled Beauty)
11. 3 for 2 means 9 for 12 in Boots etc :) (Beauty Queen UK)
12. Yes you do need all those eye shadow palettes, lipsticks, foundations, powders, blushers, bronzers, brushes, concealers, face primers, eye primers, brow kits, mascaras, eye liners etc
13. You'll curse the winter months for poor lighting to take blog photo's in
14. You'll NEED your own room just to store you're out-of-control makeup collection, and then only use 10% of it
If you have any more to add, please leave them as a comment below :)