It’s been a while since I’ve put a Squidge update on here... no wait, it's been a while since I've put any post live on here for ages! Anyway, as he’s just hit 16 months old I thought I’d share a little update with you all. It’s so hard to believe that in 2 months time he’ll be a year and a half old!
"Lets take a selfie"
I’ve already started collecting his next-size-up clothes for him as he’s starting to grow out of some of his 12-18 months ones (mostly tops as they’re struggling to fit over his head) and some trousers. But saying that, he still wears some 9-12 month clothes too.
He’s coming on leaps and bounds. He’s been walking for 5 months now and is really steady on his feet.
Chilling on his fav chair, watching is fav film (Kiki's delivery service)
Current toy loves:
- His little Squirrel trike
- His Next 2014 teddy bear (he cuddles it and kisses it on the nose)
- The seat his Grandad bought for him
- His little wooden kitchen (although, he loves taking the sink out and standing in the hole)
- His little basket of plastic fruit (flinging them across the room is a firm favourite)
He’s becoming such a gentle and affectionate little boy, it’s just the loveliest to see. He regularly gives us kisses and cwtches up to us resting his head on our shoulder. But he’s also not a pushover. If another toddler shoves or hits him, he’ll seek them out and shove them back :P I love that about him, I love that he sticks up for himself – not something we’ve taught him to do yet either.
"Smile for Daddy"
I don’t want to write this because I feel I’ll jinx it, but he’s become a really great sleeper (OMG, I drafted this 4 days ago, that night (Weds) he was awake nearly all night! I had 2.5 hrs sleep... and then the same again the next night! I actually jinxed it!). He’s pretty much slept through every night for the last 3 weeks now, only waking up a couple of times in a couple evenings for his dummy. But I’m also painfully aware that the 18 month sleep regression is looming! He’s still in his cot and still in a sleeping bag. I’m not planning on changing that until he can climb out of it, and at that point we’ll just put the side of the cot down and put a stair gate on his room. He’s still far too mobile for a bed (he does laps of his cot when he sleeps!).
- Wee wee
- Flower (well, 'wower')
- Don't touch
- Vroom (car)
- Beep beep (Microwave, lol)
- Stuck - this one is really amazing. He doesn't just understand the word, but the concept. He'll say stuck if his foot gets caught in the cot, or if a toy is caught on a chair, or if his fork gets caught on his bowl - so clever.
There's loads more, but they're the main ones :) He's also really good with animal sounds, so far he can do: Monkey, Lion, Dog, Cat, Pig and Horse (he does the click, clack with his tongue for that).
His favourite things to do:
- Go outside to play - usually with a watering can and some water
- Empty out the contents of things (baskets of plastic fruit, buckets of wooden blocks)
- Help unpack the shopping, one item a time :)
- Snuggle up on the sofa and watch some Studio Ghibli (I've taught him well!)
There's loads more, but I have to stop somewhere :)
Every day he makes me proud. The way I see him play with other children, how smiley and gentle he is, and how affectionate he is. I could never have hoped to have such a great child, and for the most part, he's really well behaved too. He plays up a little if he's really tired, but that's it.